WHO WE ARE
Fuel Up to Play 60 (FUTP 60) is a leading national in-school health and wellness program launched by the National Football League (NFL) and National Dairy Council (NDC), which was founded by America's dairy farmers, in collaboration with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Fuel Up to Play 60's primary focus is to help schools meet their wellness goals and encourage youth to consume nutrient-rich foods (low-fat and fat-free dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains and lean protein foods and achieve at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
Since its launch in 2009, more than 73,000 schools have enrolled in the program - that's three fourths of all schools in the United States - with the potential to reach more than 38 million kids. About a third of these schools are located in large urban areas, where most at-risk kids reside (and have the most to gain from programs like Fuel Up to Play 60). Fuel Up to Play 60, is offered to all schools with students in grades K-12, at no cost.
WHAT WE OFFER
Fuel Up to Play 60 is designed to engage and empower youth to take action for their own health by implementing long-term, positive changes for themselves and their schools. The program features easy enrollment and step-by-step guidance for adults and students. All participants have access to customizable program components including a Playbook, tools and resources, in-school materials, personalized educator and student Dashboards, and opportunities to earn incentives and rewards. .
Beyond health and wellness, the program offers students leadership opportunities that help them gain confidence and lifelong skills through teamwork with their peers and adults at their schools. Students are empowered to become leaders in their school and communities by becoming Fuel Up to Play Ambassadors, who serve as examples and role models for fellow students and entire communities.
Fuel Up to Play 60 offers a variety of opportunities for adults, students, and schools both on a local and national level including:
- Annual Funding Opportunities: Schools can apply for up to $4,000 per year to jump-start healthy school changes.
- Annual Student Ambassador Summit: Students have the opportunity to attend a conference-style event bringing together Fuel Up to Play 60 students from across the country to participate in leadership, communication, and program sessions with Fuel Up to Play 60 staff and special guests, including NFL players.
- AdVenture Captial (AdCap): An innovative program geared for students 13-17 that inspires, empowers and motivates creative, curious and brave student entrepreneurs to use their big ideas to make health and wellness changes in their schools and communities.
- Discovery Education: National Dairy Council and America’s dairy farm families have partnered with Discover Education to bring 5th -8th grade classes a behind-the-scenes look into the dairy community. From in-class curriculums to Virtual Experiences, learn about modern farming, dairy’s journey from farm to school and innovations that are helping care for cows and communities.
- NFL Hometown Grants Program: NFL teams and state/regional dairy organizations provide deserving schools in their communities funding to help facilitate sustainable physical activity and healthy eating programs for students.
- NFL FLAG Essentials Program: Developed to distribute much needed physical activity equipment to schools nationwide, reaching approximately 8,500 schools in the first two years of the program.
- USDA Grants: Millions of dollars in grants to help schools across the country server healthier meals by providing schools with the funds to purchase additional kitchen equipment to help hem meet updated national nutrition standards and serve healthy meals.
click the image above to download the FUTP 60 Snapshot PDF