Your Child Can Make a Difference
Encourage your child to take part in Fuel Up to Play 60 for opportunities to eat healthy, get active and make a difference.
Parents Play a Crucial Role
As a parent, you have a more direct connection with your children than anyone else in their lives. You can elevate the importance of healthy eating and physical activity, serve as a role model and integrate healthy school strategies into your daily lives — all of which can help kids succeed both in the classroom and throughout their lives.
In their school, your child will work with their Fuel Up to Play 60 team to implement Plays that successfully help to not only make positive changes in the school environment but also to develop leadership skills that can last a lifetime.
How Can You Get Involved?
As an interested, committed supporter of the Fuel Up to Play 60 program, you can contribute to your school’s efforts through in-school volunteer work as well as outreach to the community. You can assist teams of students in implementing programs, set an enthusiastic tone in the community and work with the school’s parent organization and/or the school board to help secure funding, resources and volunteers to expand students’ efforts.
Here are some things you can do right now:
1. Make sure your school is enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60. Suggest your child Join the Team! Then, support your child’s Fuel Up to Play 60 team.
2. Work with community members and get them involved in the program. Share the goals and strategies of Fuel Up to Play 60 with community organizations and businesses. Solicit volunteers or resources to support the program’s goals.
3. Work with groups of students to help plan and implement Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Plays. Find time to meet with students before, during or after school to help keep them on track.
4. Most importantly, share your enthusiasm for improving your school’s nutrition and physical activity practices with other parents, teachers and other potential allies.
5. Be a role model. Encourage healthy eating and find time for physical activity every day in your own home and family.
If your child is under age 13 and has reached Level 3 by earning at least 30,000 Points on their Dashboard, parent permission is needed for them to be named an Ambassador, complete their profile and become eligible to win prizes. You can download, complete and return a Parent Permission Form for your child by clicking here.