Meet Some of Our Program Advisors!
Read about what educators are accomplishing in their schools.
Class of 2018 Program Advisor Heroes
Cliff GarbettPhysical Education Teacher/Football/Wrestling CoachSoda Springs, Idaho
Fuel Up to Play 60 has helped to create more leadership opportunities for our students. They have access to healthier foods at lunch, longer lunch periods and more physical education opportunities.
Thanks to FUTP 60, our students are leading assemblies to promote healthy eating and exercise in our school.
Gerald TenebrusoPhysical Education TeacherEdison, NJ
Our school’s Fuel Up to Play 60 program is sustainable and focuses on student leadership, community outreach, fitness and nutrition.
Our school has become a better place with the help of FUTP 60: school meals have become healthier, and our relationships with the surrounding community have grown.
Our students have become leaders and take pride in their school.
Karen ReynoldsPhysical Education TeacherLee's Summit, Missouri
Fuel Up to Play 60 supports me in demonstrating to my students and fellow teachers how to lead a more nutritional and healthy lifestyle, in and out of school. The program has also helped me provide more leadership opportunities to my students outside of the classroom.
Marilyn EatonHealth and Physical Education Teacher, Cross Country and Track CoachPottsgrove, PA
Fuel Up to Play 60 provides online resources that support me in successfully impacting my students’ lives in a positive way.
Thanks to FUTP 60 funding, we have stability balls and standing desks in our classrooms, along with water-bottle filling stations.
From brain breaks to food tastings and Physical Activity Plays, FUTP 60 is impacting our students on a DAILY basis.
Mary-Lou BonneauFood Service ManagerTroy SchoolNorth Troy, Vermont
Fuel Up to Play 60 has given me the opportunity to get more students involved in healthy eating habits and become more physically active.
Our school has received grants for smoothie machines, FLAG Football Kits and other resources to help the students.
Our students have taken on leadership roles and have made the program a huge success in our school.
Michael LansdownePhysical Education TeacherSouth Riding, VA
Fuel Up to Play 60 has taken my excitement and joy as a teacher to a whole new level.
Our school staff and community are so involved with the program. It’s amazing to see how this program provides such great opportunities for everyone who becomes involved.
Our students are impacting the lives of their peers, families and community through leadership, health and fitness. Through FUTP 60, we are truly building next gen leaders!
Micaleh Chase SniderPhysical Education TeacherWinston Salem, NC
Through Fuel Up to Play 60, I feel empowered to approach our school Administration and Leadership teams to share the great accomplishments of my class.
The program encourages good leadership skills among my students and provides tools that help my students who struggle academically to achieve better focus.
FUTP 60 is a national movement, and we are getting heard!
Noah MorangPE/Health/AthleticsRidge View Community SchoolDexter, ME
Fuel Up to Play 60 has helped me develop my leadership skills and has allowed me access to networking opportunities with other like-minded health advocates all across the country.
Through various FUTP 60 grants, we have received FLAG Football equipment, disc golf baskets, modified pull-up bars and other fitness equipment.
This program helps students gain the confidence needed to get up in front of their peers and teachers and talk about being healthy and making a difference.
Sara CoughlinHealth & Science TeacherSpringville, NY
Fuel Up to Play 60 has allowed me to reach my students on another level.
School is made fun again through exercise and healthy eating Plays that our team works together to implement throughout the school year.
Our students are motivated and eager to come up with new ideas and rise to the challenges that FUTP 60 presents to them.
Yesenia PionHealth TeacherEast Middle SchoolBrentwood, NY
Fuel Up to Play 60 helped me extend what I teach in health class beyond the classroom through creating programs that make wellness fun and inviting.
Through FUTP 60 grants, we have acquired a drop-in fridge (which makes certain foods more accessible), purchased fitness equipment (including a blender bike) and were granted a FLAG Football Kit.
The biggest impact FUTP 60 has had on my students is helping them gain confidence through being a part of something so positive.
Class of 2017 Program Advisor Heroes
Meredith CorreiaGifted Resource TeacherNorfolk, VA
- Meredith's school benefits from the additional resources from Fuel Up to Play 60.
- Her school enjoys a midday walking program that has helped boost morale.
- She has become a wellness advocate and leader across the district.
Michael DeSimoneAthletic DirectorYonkers, NY
- Michael has changed the culture of his school to put wellness at the center of success.
- His students now have a strong understanding of the importance of living healthy lives.
- Fuel Up to Play 60 gives him the resources to inspire his school and whole community.
Nicole StahmerPE Teacher and CoachWareham, MA
- Nicole has incorporated Fuel Up to Play 60 "Challenges" into every day classroom activities with her students.
- Great community connections have been made through the family fitness nights she hosts at her school.
- She knows her students will take the skills they're learning and carry them throughout their lifetime.
Physical Education TeacherHartford, WI
- The atmosphere in Tim's school has changed, and wellness has taken center stage.
- His students are empowered to make healthy choices through Fuel Up to Play 60.
- Fuel Up to Play 60's resources give Tim the power to become an advocate for health.
Allison WelkiePhysical Education TeacherSalisbury, MD
- Allison created a healthier, happier school with Fuel Up to Play 60.
- Her students move more and are more aware of healthy foods.
- Other teachers praise the positive impact she has had on her school.
Barbara BlatterFamily and Consumer Sciences TeacherGranville, OH
- Barbara's students developed cooking skills through Fuel Up to Play 60.
- They've also learned about the importance of a healthy breakfast.
- She says FUTP 60 is fun and easy with a lifelong impact on her students.
Cami MitzenParent VolunteerAvondale, AZ
- Cami has helped start a ‘healthy movement’ at her school.
- She sees that kids are inspired through Fuel Up to Play 60.
- She is spreading the word about the program in her community.
Christina CodyTeacher, Fit2Gether AdvisorGaffney, SC
- Christina’s cafeteria now promotes healthy foods through Fuel Up to Play 60.
- And, Physical activity is up with their new afterschool workout program.
- Christina says, “FUTP 60 provided us with the means to spark real change.”
Deb BeilkeInstructor and CoachValley City, ND
- Deb wants her students to know the importance of activity and healthy eating.
- Her Fuel Up to Play 60 program includes classroom breakfast and a running club.
- Deb is watching her students grow from young adults into leaders of the school.
James OvertonHealth & PE TeacherPiscataway, NJ
- James says Fuel Up to Play 60 has had a tremendous impact on his school.
- He has a healthier cafeteria, and his students are more aware of nutrition.
- His school is now a leader in wellness in the state of New Jersey.
Jeanine RotoloSpecial Education TeacherBrentwood, NY
- Through grant opportunities, Jeanine has made healthy changes in her school.
- Her school has more physical activity, healthy eating and chances for students to lead.
- Her students have come out of their shells, saying the program is life changing.
Kyle ChevalierPhysical Education TeacherCovington, KY
- Kyle's students are taking on new leadership roles when it comes to their health.
- His students enjoy the tools Fuel Up to Play 60 has to offer, especially the website.
- Kyle says the program has allowed him to improve his teaching and PE program.
Kyle PryorHealth and PETeacherMiles City, MT
- Kyle says Fuel Up to Play 60 has made his school a more active place
- His students have gained skills that will guide them to make healthy decisions.
- The resources offered through FUTP 60 have positively impacted Kyle's teaching.