Set up an inviting breakfast picnic area that students can visit before school or between periods. Choose a convenient location and offer nutritious and tasty choices that encourage students to make healthy choices throughout the day.
How Does It Work?
The following steps are suggestions for how to complete the Play — but they can be done in any order or combination and can be altered to fit your needs. If you find ways to adapt this Play to fit your school, share it with us through the Tips section!
Consider locations that are convenient for everyone and have a wide open area, such as a lobby, outside the gym, outside the front doors, a courtyard or an area of the lawn. Discuss what time(s) of day your picnic will be available. Before school? Mid-morning?
Spread the Word
Get Others Involved
- Work with school nutrition professionals to help create the breakfast menu
- Help choose a location for the Breakfast Picnic
- Solicit community donations
- Promote the program
- Distribute nutrition information to students
- Encourage friends and classmates to make healthy eating choices every day