Milk Mustache Booth
Host your own “milk mustache” photo booth, then post pictures of students with milk mustaches on your school website. Pass out materials that highlight the benefits of low-fat and fat-free dairy foods in students’ diets and let students sample dairy foods!
How Does It Work?
This is a fun way to expose students to the benefits of dairy.
The following steps are suggestions for how to complete the Play — but they can be done in any order or combination and can be altered to fit your needs. If you find ways to adapt this Play to fit your school, share it with us through the Tips section!
Work with your principal to arrange for a location for your photo booth. Think about convenient and high-traffic locations such as outside the cafeteria. Arrange for the photography equipment you’ll need, such as a digital camera and lighting, as well as one or more volunteer photographers. If your school has a photography class, you might also enlist the help of photography students and teachers.
Check out the Tools and Resources below for information on student permission slips and how to set up your booth, as well as advice on taking pictures, posting them to your school website and more.
- Be sure to get permission to do this, or work with your school’s webmaster to have your pictures posted. Consider sharing your results with the Fuel Up to Play 60 community.
- If your school does not have the equipment you need available, contact local businesses or organizations that could let you borrow a camera and other supplies.
What’s on the Menu and Why?
With the help of your school nutrition professionals, choose a variety of nutrient-rich dairy foods to have available at the photo booth for students to taste.
- Use the same resources you used to ask for equipment donations to ask local grocery stores for donations of sample dairy foods.
Offer different foods on a rotating basis and let students sample new foods in exchange for having their milk mustache posted on the Web! At the booth, pass out handouts with information about the benefits of dairy in your diet.
Spread the Word
Don’t forget to let everyone know about the photo booth by making morning announcements, putting up posters and passing out flyers. Let them know that dairy foods will be available for them to sample and that in exchange they can have their milk mustache photographed and posted on the school website.
Get Others Involved
- Arrange for a photo booth location, equipment and supplies
- Solicit donations and/or loaner equipment from the community
- Prepare handouts with dairy nutrition information
- Advertise the program
- Arrange for milk-mustache photos to be posted on the school website
Milk Mustache Booth